Saturday, September 29, 2007

Thinking About Xmas Presents

I've been super busy with teaching and have been feeling really not creative lately. But today I realized that I need to think about Christmas presents for my family. Every year my mom, brothers and I have thought of and created presents for the whole family with a specific crafty theme. Here is a list of the presents of years past and the years that I remember...

1995: Salt-dough basket and napkin rings and decorated napkins (remember that paint that you made raised dots with that created a pattern? We used that).
1996: Quilting
1997: Latch Hook Rugs
1998: Fimo decorated items (pens, pins, earrings, butterflies, etc)
1999: Decorated Candles and Homemade Beeswax Candles
2000: Picture Frames
2001:
2002:
2003: Mosaics
2004: Decorated Christmas ornaments
2005: Knit hats, scarves, and backpacks
2006: Homemade Calendars and pj pants

this year, I decided to pick up a knitting pattern that I had seen last year but hadn't convinced my mother to use: Vanezia.

I can even make some to make for Craig's parents!

So I went to Michael's and bought a whole bunch of stuff (pictures coming, I left my camera in my classroom), but bought the wrong kind of wire. Note: bead stringing wire is MUCH different than beading wire. Now I have to go back out and buy some new stuff. Ah well, too bad I LOVE craft stores. :)

1 comment:

Elizabeth said...

Those are going to be so great- I love it! I'm scared to do the whole knitting-with-stuff-that's-not-yarn thing. Let me know how it goes!