Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Knitting Olympics

As you probably know by now, the Olympics are coming up on 08/08/08. There is also a little known Knitting Olympics that takes place during the same time. The goal of this is to choose a project that might be a little challenging for you and start and finish it during the Olympics. I have decided to join and knit the Minimalist Sweater from Interweave Knits Magazine. I went to a LYS that I have not bought from yet (Soul Spun Yarns) and splurged on Debbie Bliss Cashmerino Aran. Oh boy, did I splurge. But this will be the nicest, softest cardigan ever.







I also bought a beautiful pin from them to close it.
I am very excited to start this sweater, I can barely wait! I am going to Belgium and Amsterdam with my family on 8/5 so I will have to bring the project with me. The plane ride will be incredibly difficult knowing such an exciting project is sitting in my bag. Maybe I will check it. :)

No comments: