Monday, May 25, 2009

Tree Jacket

After months of my Tree Jacket sitting in a bag, one sleeve half way finished. I finally sat down and finished it today! I had been not too happy with the sleeves thus far. They looked huge and I was growing impatient with stockinette stitch. After showing it to my cousin, Ruthie, she suggested just making it short sleeved. Genius! This morning I ripped out all but two inches of the sleeve, did k1p1 ribbing for three rows, and bound off. Easy, and beautiful! If I had been motivated, I probably would have put more thought into making thinner long sleeves, but with the weather changing, I can wear this sweater now! I am not huge fan of the yarn, (Sorry Lion Brand, you're cheap), but the color is pretty and it will be easy to take care of. So, without further adieu, I present: the Tree Jacket.






Tree Jacket from Zephyr Style


Needles: sz 8 round


Yarn: Lion Brand Wool-Ease in Dark Rose Heather (4 skeins, I believe)


Alterations: after finishing the body ala the pattern, I knit in stockinette for 2inches, then did 3 rows of k1p1 ribbing. I then bound off for pretty short sleeves.

No comments: