Sunday, March 16, 2008

Knit for Hire

I have taken a break from knitting my own projects recently because a fellow teacher has been having some health issues and had to stop knitting. She asked me if I could finish her shawl she had been working on. And she said she would pay me. So I have spent the last month working on a very mundane shawl.





Laure's Shawl

6 skeins of Berroco Suede in Palomino
sz 10.5 needles

Cast on 2 stitches.
At the beginning of every row add one stitch to the beginning and knit to the end.
Continue this pattern until you finish all of your yarn and have enough to bind off.
Bind off.






Overall, it was really easy and kind of boring to only knit. I also didn't really like the Suede yarn. It feels kind of like suede, but in a weird way, and it's made out of nylon. It also kind of hangs funny. But, it's not mine, so I can't complain.


Now, it's back to the Snowdust sweater and enjoying the spring weather. Or the snow. Both happened today.

No comments: