Saturday, April 12, 2008

Good News Bad News

Good News:

I almost finished my Snowdust sweater! I have the front panels, back, and neckline finished.

I noticed when I first made the Stardust Sweater the neck was loose and didn't look so good. After some Ravelry research I found another person who had the same problem and had a solution. Unfortunately, I couldn't follow her directions for the life of me, so I knit less of the neckline and stretched it out to make it less drapey. Fortunately, she mentioned using the Kitchener stitch to sew up the two sides of the neckline seamlessly. I googled the stitch and found a great how-to. On my first attempt I did a pretty good job (much better than just making a seam on the Stardust Sweater).

Bad News:

After sewing up the seams of the sweater and almost finishing the first sleeve, I tried on the sweater. IT WAS TOO BIG! The Stardust Sweater is too small, so I made the size larger and adjusted the gauge (because I was using different yarn). I thought I had figured it all out, but no. It is HUGE. Now I have to frog the whole thing and make it a size smaller! I frogged the first sleeve and it was a huge pain in the butt. This yarn catches on itself and makes knots. Don't even mention the fact that I have to find all of the yarn I used to sew up the seams, unknot them, unsew them, and then frog all of the pieces. PAIN IN MY BEHIND! Arg. This totally turns me off to making this sweater again, but I plan on wearing it for a wedding in September, so I plan on using my summer off to re knit this with a fresh mind. I guess I'll have to find a new knitting project.


Akinogal said...

See Please Here

Webcam said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Webcam, I hope you enjoy. The address is A hug.