Saturday, January 19, 2008

Stardust Sweater

I finally got around to taking pictures of my progress on the Stardust Sweater. Surprisingly, it's coming along really quickly. I began on Tuesday, took a few days break, and took it up again yesterday. Already, I have 12 inches of the back. I was afraid that the stardust lace pattern would be difficult, but it's quite easy. I did mess up on the first part of it, but the few that I made mistakes on are near the arm holes so they won't be noticeable (hopefully) when I am actually wearing it.

I have to say I love this yarn. It is super soft and light and the little bits of glitter are great. I thought this sweater would take forever because I am using small needles and the yarn is very thin, too. Instead, it's super quick! I may even finish this sweater by the end of my weekend (albeit, it is a 4 day weekend, thank you "Human Rights Day" - aka MLK Jr. Day and a comp day).

I was disappointed by the color of this yarn. I was hoping it was more of a steely blue than a baby blue. Ah well, luckily my LYS is having their 2nd anniversary and therefore a 20% off every yarn sale. Maybe they have more of this yarn, or something similar that I can make another from. This would be a great sweater present for someone. I just have to figure out who....

No comments: