Wednesday, February 21, 2007

most annoying thing EVER

So, I thought I had enough yarn to finish this cardigan. But as I got closer to finishing the body, I realized that I would need another skein. Of course, I thought it would be only one more skein...I braved Wednesday's snow, sleet, and ice and bought an incredible amount of somewhat expensive yarn (the same stuff that I am using to make the sweater: Kraemer's Mauch Chunky) in various colors. I also bought thread and fabric to line the skirt I finished (which is now done, just awaiting shaved legs and a picture). I worked furiously over the weekend and only got a few inches down the second sleeve when I finished the skein I had bought. I ran out of my parent's Chinese New Year Party (Happy New Year, by the way...go year of the pig!) to make it down to the yarn store only to find that they had RUN OUT OF THE COLOR THAT I NEEDED! And of course there is no other place in NYC that sells this kind and color yarn. So I bought the last skein online (for MUCH more money) and am now waiting for it to come in the mail.




Talk about frustrating. I'll post a picture of the ALMOST finished sweater.




On the other hand, I started another skirt (one that fits a little better and is a little longer than the red one), but I have yet to figure out what kind of pattern to do at the bottom of it...suggestions? I am using "Mint Julep" from Kraemer's yarn and I also have "Apple." Any suggestions about how to incoporate the Apple into the Mint Julet body?


(Note: actual colors are a little lighter in real life...)

No comments: